Each year Glenbrook High School District 225 offers a summer school program for students who want to earn credit in core academic areas, recover credit for a course previously taken, or participate in enrichment courses. Enrollment in summer school is optional, tuition-based, and requires parents to complete the registration process.
Registration & Payment
Summer school registration dates and times are linked to the student’s grade level for the 2023-2024 school year. Summer school course payments may be made during the registration process or at a later date. Any balance outstanding balance as of March 23, 2023, will be emailed to the student’s parent/guardian. All payments must be made no later than April 14, 2023.
If an open balance remains after April 14, then a student’s registration will be canceled for non-payment.
Full refund requests may be submitted through Friday, May 26, 2023. No refunds will be issued after May 26, 2023.
Summer school registration is open and available based on the student's incoming grade for the 2023-24 school year. Students who reside in the Distirct 225 boundaries will receive priority registration for open courses through April 10, 2023.
Families are encouraged to register as soon as possible to ensure students are placed in the desired classes. If a course does not have sufficient enrollment, the decision to cancel it will be made no later than Friday, May 19, 2023.
Online registration will open on the following schedule:
- Class of 2024 – February 21, 2023, at 9 a.m.
- Class of 2025 – February 22, 2023, at 9 a.m.
- Class of 2026 – February 23, 2023, at 9 a.m.
- Class of 2027 – February 24, 2023, at 9 a.m
Online registration will close on Friday, March 17, 2023, at 3 p.m. If a student wishes to register after March 17, their parent/guardian may contact the summer school office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 486-4748.
Individuals who reside outside of Glenbrook High School District 225 may begin registering on Tuesday, April 11, 2023.
Students are highly encouraged to take advantage of our summer school program for the following reasons:
Credit Recovery – If a student has missed a course or received a failing grade, summer school provides the opportunity to make up these credits and get back on track.
Accelerated Learning – Our summer school courses offer students the chance to get ahead in their course work by taking additional courses and enhancing their education.
Focused Attention – Summer school provides extra time and attention for students who may struggle with certain subjects, allowing them to deepen their understanding and improve.
Summer learning retention – To avoid summer learning loss, our summer school courses keep students engaged and help them maintain academic progress.
- How does summer school affect fall semester placement?
- How do I pay for a course I have registered for?
- How do I get approved for a class for which I am not currently approved?
- What is an audit?
- What if I want to take a class pass/fail?
- What about withdrawing from a class?
- What is the final exam policy?
- How are my grades recorded?
- When will I get my grades?
- Will there be School Counselors available?
- Will the students have a lunch break?
- Will the cafeteria be opened?
- Where can a student park?