The Business Services department is responsible for overseeing all business, financial, and operational functions of the school district. Areas of oversight include: financial planning, financial reporting, budgeting, purchasing, establishment of fees, collection of revenues, insurance, payroll, transportation, food service, and buildings and grounds.
The efforts of the Business Services department have been recognized by multiple entities for excellence in financial reporting and management. Most recently, the school district has been recognized by:
- Association of School Business Officials International with the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting (COE) for Fiscal Year 2020;
- Government Finance Officers Association with the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for Fiscal Year 2020;
- Government Finance Officers Association with the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Popular Annual Financial Reporting for Fiscal Year 2020;
- Moody's Investors Services and S&P Global Ratings with the highest bond ratings available; and
- Illinois State Board of Education with the status of Financial Recognition for fiscal year 2020.
General inquiries regarding the Business Services department should be directed to the Executive Assistant for Business Services.