Staff > Accounting

Motor Vehicles & Drivers

❖  District 225 employees must be approved to: 

  • Rent, lease or drive any vehicle for the purpose of transporting students or any District related activity
  • Drive any District vehicles, security and maintenance vehicles, as well as 14 passenger student buses


❖  Check the current Authorized Drivers list to ensure you are approved to drive on behalf of District 225

❖ Complete a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Application well in advance of any event that may require driving on behalf of District 225

❖  Provide a department account number to charge for any "RUSH" request (see bottom of application form)

❖  Purchase insurance coverage when renting vehicles:

  • This is a requirement of our insurance provider 
  • Applicable comprehensive and collision damage insurance (CDW), as well as supplemental liability coverage (SLI), must be purchased with each rental 

❖  Obtain required training regarding operations and procedures before driving a 14 passenger bus (see 14 Passenger Buses web page):

  • Consent to drive will be awarded once the training session has been completed
  • One trainer assigned per school
  • Contact the Athletic Department, or the District Receptionist, for information on assigned trainers

Please note - There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the requirements listed above or in any District 225 application forms.