Staff > Accounting > Insurance Certificates

Facility Rental Insurance Requirements

❖  A certificate of insurance, with corresponding endorsements:

  • must be requested from an organization renting or using District 225 facilities for a non-school sponsored event, regardless of whether or not a fee is collected
  • must be on file prior to rental of District 225 facilities

❖  Contact the Glenbrook North High School or Glenbrook South High School Student Activities department directly in order to request use of facilities


❖  Certificates and endorsements are intended to ensure that the organization renting our facility has adequate insurance

❖  As a rule of thumb, whoever is responsible for the negotiation of the rental and use of District 225 facilities, should also be the party responsible for ensuring that the approved certificate and endorsements are in place prior to commencement of the rental

❖  Insurance companies may not release required documents until a properly executed contract is in place, referencing District 225 requirements as indicated above

❖  For organizations such as local park districts that use our facilities on a regular basis, only one set of insurance documents needs to be provided for the insureds policy year

❖ Certificates of insurance submitted may be rejected, and facility rentals compromised, if:

●  Properly executed contracts are not in place
●  Coverages and limits are not met per District 225 requirements 
●  Endorsements are not provided for all policies required
For questions regarding certificates of insurance & endorsements, please contact the Director of Operations in Business Services.