Staff > Accounting > Check Requests > Vendor Payments

New Vendors

❖ If an invoice being processed is for a new vendor, the Accounts Payable Department will need details to add the vendor information into the accounting system

❖ Please make sure your invoices list as much information as possible, in order to avoid delays in processing your payment request

BUSINESS (US ONLY - see further details below):

  • Organization or Vendor name
  • Contact name (if available)
  • Address
    • Physical Address or Purchase Order Address
    • Remittance Address
  • City, State & Zip code
  • Phone number(s)
  • Fax Number
  • Website address (if appropriate)
  • Email address (if available)
  • Federal Employment Identification number (FEIN)

❖ Service related invoices -  tax identification number must be submitted with the invoice! 

❖ Attach a W9 form to your invoice if one was supplied by the vendor or organization

INDIVIDUAL (US ONLY - see further details below):

  • Individual First Name
  • Individual Last Name
  • Remittance Address
  • City, State & Zip code
  • Phone number(s)
  • Social Security number 

❖ Attach a W9 form to your invoice if one was supplied by the individual 


❖ The Business Office may request a current W9 form from a vendor in order to verify additional details regarding an organizations tax status

❖ The lack of, or conflicting information on a W9 form, can delay new vendor additions to the accounting system, as well as any payment requests submitted to the Business Office


❖  Will not be entered into our accounting system

❖  Purchase orders and checks will not be issued using an overseas address; all purchase orders and checks issued must list a valid US mailing address

❖ Purchase goods and services within the United States

❖  If you must make an overseas purchase for tangible goods, the only option is to use your department Pcard

  • Expect exchange fees to be charged to your Pcard, in addition to the amount of the purchase

❖  Consultants, Honorariums & Speakers

  • In most cases, a foreign person is subject to US tax on US income
  • A reduced tax rate, including exemption, may apply if there is a tax treaty between the foreign person's country of residence and the United States
  • Contact the Accounts Payable Department for further clarification prior to hiring such speakers