Parents > Registration

Financial Aid

Free and Reduced Lunch Program

The Glenbrook High Schools serve lunches every school day and students have the choice of purchasing complete meals or ala carte. For those eligible, lunches are available free or at a reduced price.

  • If you now receive Food Stamps or Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) for any of your children, those children can receive free lunches.
  • If your total household income is at or below the amounts on the Income Chart, your child can receive free lunches or reduced price for $1.00.
  • A foster child may receive free or reduced price meals regardless of your income.
  • If a child has been determined by a doctor to have a disability and the disability would prevent the child from eating the regular school meal, this school will make substitutions prescribed by the doctor. If a substitution is needed, there will be no extra charge for the meal. If you believe your child needs substitutions because of a disability, please get in touch with us for further information.
If you now receive food stamps or TANF for the child(ren) for whom you are applying, the application must have the child(ren)’s names, a food stamp or TANF case number for each child, and the signature of an adult household member. If you are applying for a foster child, the application must have the child’s name, the child’s “personal use” income, and an adult signature. If you do not list a food stamp or TANF case number for the child(ren) for whom you are applying, then the application must have the child(ren)’s names, the names of all household members, the amount of income each person received last month and where it came from, the signature of an adult household member and that adult’s social security number or the word “none” if the adult does not have a social security number.
With your completed application, please include the following evidence that supports a household income that is at or below the levels listed below.* All supporting information will remain confidential and be returned after a determination has been made. Supporting information will be copied and remain in the student’s file.
Required of all applicants:
  • The most current Federal Income Tax Return (if parents file separately they each must submit their respective return), or if you haven’t filed yet, a copy of your request for extension, as well as copies of your W-2(s), and if employed, two most recent pay subs, OR
  • If unemployed, a Statement from the State Unemployment Security Office indicating the amount of benefits you are currently receiving, OR
  • Notification from the State Unemployment Security Office indicating that you are no longer eligible for benefits.
Additional documentation that must be included for income sources outside of employment:
  • SSDI/pension/Social Security pay subs
  • Letter indicating receipt of Public Aid.
Household Size/Monthly Income
1 = $1,860
2 = $2,504
3 = $3,149
4 = $3,793
5 = $4,437
6 = $5,082
7 = $5,726
8 = $6,371
For each additional family member add $645
VERIFICATION: Verification may be conducted AT ANY TIME DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR through program reviews, audits, and investigations and may include contacting employers to determine income, contacting a food stamp office to determine current certification for food stamps, contacting the State Employment Security Office to determine the amount of benefits received and checking the documentation produced by the household member to prove the amount of income received. Please note: INDIVIDUALS WHO DELIBERATELY MISREPRESENT INFORMATION WILL BE TURNED INTO THE APPROPRIATE OFFICIALS FOR PROSECUTION UNDER APPLICABLE STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS.
FAIR HEARING: You may talk to school officials if you do not agree with the school’s decision on your application or the results of verification. You also may ask for a fair hearing. You may do this by calling or writing:
Linda Regal
District Registrar
Glenbrook High School District #225
3801 W Lake Ave.
Glenview, IL 60026
(847) 486-4717 or
REPORTING CHANGES: If your child receives free or reduced lunches because of your income, you must tell the school if household size decreases or your income increases by more than $50 per month or $600 per year. If your child receives lunches because they receive food stamps or TANF, you must advise the school when you no longer receive TANF or food stamps for them. You may then fill out another application providing new income information.
CONFIDENTIALITY: School officials use the information on the application only to decide if your child(ren) should get free or reduced-price meals.
REAPPLICATION: You may apply for free and reduced-price lunches at any time during the school year. If you are not eligible now but have a change, such as a decrease in household income, and increase in household size, become unemployed or receive food stamps or TANF for your children, you may complete an application then.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture, Glenbrook HSD 225 is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Ave., SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call 202-720-5964.
You will be notified when the application is approved or denied.