Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), full access to the District’s public records is available to any person upon written request. Written requests for public records may be made using the FOIA Request Form or may be submitted by personal delivery, mail, fax, or email directed to the District’s Freedom of Information Officer. Individuals making a request are not required to state a reason for the request other than to identify when the request is for commercial purpose or when requesting a fee waiver.
Requests for Records
Requests for records should be directed as follows.
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailed to the District Administration Office Attn: FOIA Officer, 3801 W. Lake Ave., Suite 203, Glenview, IL 60026-5806
- Faxed to (847) 486-4733
Responding to Requests
The Freedom of Information Officer or designee shall approve all requests for public records unless:
- The requested material does not exist;
- The requested material is exempt from inspection and copying by the Freedom of Information Act; or
- Complying with the request would be unduly burdensome.
Within five business days after receipt of a request for access to a public record, the Freedom of Information Officer shall comply with or deny the request, unless the time for response is extended as specified in Section 3 of FOIA.