Skip Shein and his family live in Glenview. All four of his children are graduates of GBS. Mr. Shein works for Siemens, Inc. as program manager and is primarily engaged in energy conservation projects. He has a B.S. in Psychology from the University of Illinois, a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology and a master’s in engineering management from Northwestern University. His wife is a teacher at Westbrook School. Mr. Shein is a former Board of Education member in District 34. He enjoys skiing, biking and travel. He has served on the Glenbrook District Technology Committee.
- Board President: 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19
- Board Vice President: 2005/06 - 2008/09
- Board Assignments: Facilities Committees
- Board Training: Professional Development Leadership Training for School Board Members (P.A. 97-08; 105 ILCS 5/10-16a) - Education and Labor Law, Financial Oversight and Accountability, Fiduciary Responsibilities Performance Evaluation Reform Act (P.A. 97-08; 105 ILCS 5/24-16.5) - Training on PERA Evaluation and Dismissals
- Terms: 2003-2007, 2007-2011, 2011-2015, 2015-2019, 2019-2023
- Email: email@example.com