We are proud to welcome Special Olympics to our schools--truly a district team uniting Glenbrook North, South and Off-Campus students through friendly competition, engaging activities and sportsmanship.
Glenbrook United is the Special Olympic team servicing District 225. The team has members from all three schools in the district. We participate in Volleyball, Basketball, Flag Football, Floor Hockey, Soccer, Track & Field, and Golf.
For questions regarding how to get involved, volunteer opportunities or how to make a tax-deductible donation, please contact Pa'al Joshi, the Special Olympics sponsor of the Glenbrook United Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 847.486.5758. If you are interested in joining Special Olympics or know someone who might be interested, please contact Mr. Joshi. We meet at 7 pm on Tuesdays in a combination of in-person and Zoom.
Special Olympics provides students of Glenbrook North and Glenbrook South High Schools positive opportunities to interact through teamwork and sportsmanship. Our two main goals are to have fun and try one's best to compete using the best of one's ability. Through positive competition and good sportsmanship, we hope athletes, coaches, and volunteers will share a positive experience together. We aim to help athletes engage in positive peer interactions, learn positive pro-social behavior, and have fun.
Special Olympics Motto:
"Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."
Steps to Participate:
- Print the two-page application.
- Please read the application carefully.
- Have your athlete's physician complete and sign medical portion.
- All parents and guardians must sign the Special Olympics media release form if they would like their athlete photographed. If you choose not to have your child photographed for media and public relations purposes, please check the box in the application and send a note to Special Olympic sponsor Pa'al Joshi (address listed below).
- Return the completed form to:
1835 Landwehr Rd.
Glenview, IL 60025